Monday, July 11, 2011

Exercise

Ok, so for anyone who knows me, they know I am no Olympian chomping at the bit to win the gold. In reality, just watching the Olympics makes me tired. I know that I need to exercise more, eat right and quit smoking, but it really isn't that easy. I have tried diets, exercise plans, and even starvation once in college (not by choice but necessity) to no avail. But lately I have been thinking about it more and more, and I realize that I don't want my life to become a TLC special. So this time I am going into it full force. No cigarettes, more healthy food choices, and loads of exercise. Yesterday I went for a walk and a bike ride, today the gym, and tomorrow will be swimming. My friend Trish and I are going to commit to swim Tues and Thurs, and a bike ride on Sunday (with a swim being an option for poor weather or wintertime). Scott and I went to the gym today and it as good, other than my Romy & Michelle moment where I got blisters on my heels; one of which ripped and bled into my nice clean white gym shoe....... Fack!

This time I am committing to staying on track. Will I go every time for my workouts? Not likely. Will I have a cigarette? Most likely. The difference is that this time I am not going to see these things as failures, but as obstacles in the steps to becoming a new me.

Time to go get ready for work and start planning my menu for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment